Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I completely forgot that when you have a newborn...

...sometimes showering is a luxury...
...sometimes you don't even notice the spit up on your shirt...
...sometimes they make the weirdest noises...and usually those noises are followed by a screaming baby and an unpleasant odor coming from somewhere near you...
...sometimes the hiccups are your worst enemy...
...sometimes no matter how quiet you are, the startle reflex still happens...
...sometimes they just want the bottle in their mouth...they have no intention to eat anything...
...sometimes they actually don't cry during a bath and you wonder if they finally remember that just a little while ago they were swimming in fluid 24/7 so why should they cry during a bath?...
...sometimes they act like lotion feels like acid...
...sometimes your furniture gets spit up on too...
...sometimes you want to rip the phone right out of the wall for waking them up...
...sometimes they sleep through an entire army of noisy children or a crowded restaurant, but they can't seem to sleep through you walking in the room...

But I also forgot how completely wonderful it is to...
...hear them coo...
...watch their eyes learn to focus...
...see their first smile...
...hear a tiny giggle...
...watch their arms and legs circle in the air in jerky movements trying to work their muscles...
...smell their newly lotioned skin after a warm bath...
...snuggle with your little girl on your chest sweetly sleeping...

God IS good. All the time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah. this is so sweet... :) i heart you. i want to borrow her and the rest of the boys so you and chad can have a night out...so let me know. ill be home the 23rd thru that sunday. xooxre

Shawna said...

I love this! Every word is so true...Especially # 1 for me. Showering is a complete luxury for me no matter what time I get it!

Also, I never got to formally congratulate you on the new baby!
I'm really not sure why I haven't commented since I most definately have been reading your blog everyday to see updated pictures ;)

She is absolutely beautiful and I most certainly love your updates!
Hopefully I'll run into you one day so I can see your amazing family!