Sunday, December 21, 2008

Germs and giggles

For those of you who don't know, Maya was put in to the hospital this past week with RSV. It was a four day stay that totally messed up her days and nights since they kept waking her up while she was sleeping at night. BEFORE the hospital, she was sleeping in about 5 or 6 hour segments through the night - which I was VERY HAPPY with. Friday and Saturday, she slept all day despite our attempts to rouse her and she was awake and screaming all night. Today seems to be a little better, although she still has slept more than normal. I'm not sure how much of that is that she's getting over RSV and you sleep more when you are tired and how much of it is that she's still mixing up her days and nights. Either way, I'm sure it won't be long with the loud family get togethers and the jostling of who will hold her next before she is back to sleeping well through the night. The RSV is sounding good. The doctor was very pleased with her progress at her follow up appointment on Friday.

Through this whole ordeal, she has started really coo-ing, giggling, and SMILING!! I managed to get a few of the smiles captured by camera. So, for those of you jonesing for some Maya pics, enjoy this post! Love to all! Merry CHRISTmas!!

THIS is what RSV looks like! HA! Poor girl....when she wasn't sleeping, this is what we saw for a few days.


Maya 12-21-08 with Luke. I am not sure who adores who more. Luke or Maya.


This is Maya in her Christmas dress this morning.






I l-o-v-e this picture for some reason. Maybe it's who is IN the picture.... :)


One of her first smiles on camera...from a hospital bed, no less!


Heard of the Linus project? They made her this blanket. Great idea!


The bunny is also from the people with Linus.


At church this morning.


What a great smile!! How could I not be in love!?!?!


Luke playing his XBox...had to pause for the pic!


Evan pretending to be the villian, Venom, from Spiderman


Drew being Drew.


Gabe and Maya tonight after baths


Mommy and Maya



Gabriel and Maya tonight


2 comments:

Heather said...

You all look so happy! I'm sorry Maya was so sick with RSV. I remember when Audrey was little, they didn't want her to get it. I thought there was some shot or something that would help, but that might have just been the flu shot. I can't believe how much Gabe looks like Evan and Luke now. It's unreal. WE can't wait to see you this summer and I can't wait to meet little Maya. What a beauty she is! :-)
I hope you guys get some sleep and I will talk to you soon!
Love you all!!!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Heather

Anonymous said...

aaah! i love picture updates! i stalk you daily, by the way. haha. um she gets more beautiful every day i swear. and good GRIEF gabe never stops growing!! ah! hopefully i get to see you guys over christmas so i can spoil them with my lovin' again :) love ya girl!