Thursday, April 17, 2008

And the hits just keep on comin...

In reference to post just preceding this one....(if you haven't read it, you really should go back and read it first....) Found out that the cat I hit was a third grade teacher's in my building. Joyful day.

And to top it off, when I picked up the boys from my babysitter's today I found out that one of the other kids had been taunting Evan and coaxing him to fight all morning. (This child was a girl.) He kept telling her he didn't want to wrestle or fight her. She wouldn't let it go, calling him names and such. The babysitter and her two daughters had been all over it...but when they were alone for 2 or 3 minutes outside, Evan had had enough and threw the girl on to the ground where she hit her head on the nearby side walk - leaving a red mark under her eye.

Well, obviously, he should not have reacted to her....and he definitely should not have hurt her - accident or not. When her mother got there to pick her up (this mother just happens to work at my school as well...) she saw her daughter's face and promptly degraded and belittled Evan to the point of bawling. The babysitter was shocked that she acted this way (especially since she is a school COUNSELOR). When I got there, Evan was still crying. And I was about an hour later than her because of a project that I was working on with the art teacher.

She proceded to tell my 5 year old that she would be calling me...I haven't decided if I should let her make that move or if I can speak calmly enough to make that call myself and catch her before she calls...Either way, knowing her, if we don't connect tonight, she will unload on me in her true form, and she won't care who hears. I've decided that if she pushes me after I tell her I don't want to talk about it during school because it is a personal matter that I will let her know that after discussing this with Evan (and Drew, for that matter), that Evan has learned he cannot under any circumstances wrestle with girls. He also cannot play with her little girl for a while - no matter what she says to him. He also should never throw someone on the ground - especially near a side walk or cement. Then I'll be sure to ask her what her precious little girl learned from the situation other than the fact that mommy will fight all battles and belittle anyone - no matter what their age.

Ok. I think I'm going to catch up on laundry and try to relax tonight. Sheesh! What a day! Thank GOD it's almost over!

The one positive note was that I got to arrange my schedule today to come and eat lunch with Luke at school. He has wanted me to do this for several weeks, and I finally had the opportunity to make it happen today. He was excited. I am saddened by the thought that one day he won't want me there...but for now, I am glad to be wanted. He even hugged me in front of his friends!! How long will THAT last?

No comments: