Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Highlights and such from this week

I've done nothing ... except contract. ICK.

The bunny died. Luke was devastated. When he found her in the process of dying, he started screaming and running and crying. It was horrifying.

Evan discovered the wonder of chapstick.

Drew listened really well last night.

Gabriel still has a black eye, loved his field trip to the pumpkin patch yesterday with preschool.

Chad started making appointments for his new job. He's already booked through next week.

Maya still continues to bake, but this is no easy bake oven. I think light bulb is about to go out.

Went to the hospital a few different times for different reasons this week (to visit Chad's dad, an EMT, and to my dr. appointment). Gabriel asked each time if Pappaw Bob was still there. Then when I explained again that he was in heaven, he asked why. I told him it was because Jesus couldn't stand for my dad to be away from him any more, so Jesus had to come and get him. How do you explain to a 3 (almost 4) year old? You do the best you can I guess.

Feeling the twinge of sadness at the thought of my dad not being there to see Maya. I've done well stifling that for a while, but yesterday and today it seems to be pressing on me. I know he'll "be there" but he won't really be there...I see pictures of people with their fathers or hear conversations between a daughter and her dad, and although they aren't daggers anymore (thank GOD), the sharp little needle pricks that sting when I realize I don't have that anymore are still there. Imagine they always will be.

I just miss him.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey sweetie pie! im gonna be in town this weekend...are you still singing on sunday mornings? id love to come if youll be there :) i miss you. and i love you lots!

mi*chelle said...

Auds - I'll be there but not singing this Sunday. :)

hillwamp said...

Love you girl.
You are one tough cookie!
Aunt Pam
oxoxox

The Hutsells said...

Time is running out! I'm going to put in my guess for Nov. 1st. That's Emma's birthday and it might help Micah and Todd out a little with remembering all thier nieces and nephews birthdays! We've got August covered!
I think you will be amazed at how much your family dynamics will change once that little girl enters the picture.
Enjoy these last few days. They go by so fast. And take that picture of yourself even if you don't post it. Little Maya may want to see what her mommy looked like when you were carrying her. I cherish the one I have of my mom.