Saturday, October 11, 2008

Poor Gabe/Pregnancy Update

Seems Gabriel had the intention to dive into his father's legs to tackle him last night. Chad just stood there, but Gabriel's aim was slightly off....he went eye-first in to the end table beside Chad. Instantly puffy and discolored. The picture won't do it justice, but it will give you some indication. Poor guy shook/shivered while he cried. He was really hurting. He even asked if when he took a bath someone would hold the ice on his eye.

Of course, Daddy's proud of the shiner. Mommy wanted the pain to go away. (Oh, and did I mention that church directory pictures are coming up? Let's hope it doesn't look like we beat our children in it.)




And now for the pregnancy update:
I'd do the cute thing and take a profile viewed picture of my humongous belly and post it...but frankly, there is nothing cute about it.

I am officially on pregnancy leave - with no baby. How not fun is that??? The only thing I can say about being on leave is that it has given me and Gabriel some great bonding time. He feels like such a big boy when he gets to sort baby clothes by size so I can launder them....and I have to admit, it helps my ego out a little when he asks every night what he's doing the next day. No matter whether my answer is "staying home with Mommy" or going to preschool, he shouts out a cute little "YAY!" We've been working on writing the letters in his name. So far G is the easiest. It looks more like a 6, but I'll take it.

Maya Hope's room is well on its way to being finished. There are a few finishing touches I'm waiting on. If you know anyone who wants to get rid of a glider/rocker in good condition and for little money, please let me know! I'd like one for her room. When I get it finished, I'll try to get some pictures up for the family in states that start with "M"! :)

My preganancy leave was highly suggested by my OB. There were some MINOR issues that I felt were more minor than he did, apparently. Either way, I'm resting as much as a mother of 4 (and soon 5) can.

I did have another ultrasound, and Maya STILL is just one baby, and she STILL is a girl!! Thank GOD! For those of you who keep swearing there's one hiding in there, you are wrong!!!! :)

I have contractions every day. Apparently not big enough to warrant any action from the doctor since she's still in there baking away. I have gotten to 3 - 5 minutes apart with some pretty hefty discomfort, but as the Nurse Practitioner said at my last visit, "Braxton Hicks can be deceiving..." yada yada yada...

I'm just ready to hold her. I made the mistake of watching "Baby Story" and a few other shows in that genre yesterday. It was emotional. I kept talking to her through the show. "If you just come out, I can hold you like that...See, Maya, it's not so bad on the outside..." Didn't work.

Chad's new job is headed in the right direction, although you might say a prayer or two on his behalf. He was gone for a week of training, and I was just SURE I'd head in to labor while he was gone and he'd miss it. Of course, he's home now, and she's not...He's got another short week (3 days I think) of training he has to do by the end of the year where he leaves me again. They wanted him to go November 10. Her c-section is scheduled for the 5th. So if she is not early, she could potentially have been 5 days old and he would have to leave. He told them no on that one, and he acted like they understood. Either way, she may only be a month old if he has to do it by the end of the year. It's not good timing, but I made it through a week with 4 boys, so 3 days with 5 children should be okay, right??? And I had some great friends bring me some yummy meals last week. I have to say I will dread having to cook again starting tommorrow!!

Well, I guess that is about it.

Hoping the next time I update this thing I have pics of the nursery or a baby or BOTH! :) God bless!

1 comment:

Shawna said...

yay! I'm so excited to hear an update. I can't imagine how miserable you are. Just think-It will be over before you know it (even though I know that's not very comforting:) I honestly give you the mommy award for the year. I don't see how you do it with soon to be 5 children-i can barely get through the day with 2 sometimes! having a relaxing weekend :)