Friday, October 24, 2008

A New Perspective

I've been sitting here checking out my facebook and myspace pages...checking in on some friends and such. All the while, I'm contemplating, reflecting, thinking...then it hit me.

I think I've been looking at these last days of pregnancy all wrong.

All I have been able to think about has been how much I want to see my little girl, how much I want her out of my body, how much better life would be if she were just here, how much I hate my bladder being used for a punching bag. It just hit me a while ago, though.

This is it.

It's no secret with the amount of children we have, that I must enjoy being a mommy. That, or I'm a glutton for punishment. I joke about them being hard to deal with or crazy or "just like their dad" or whatever the case may be, but I am truly blessed. And I don't completely mean I'm blessed because I have healthy wonderful children, although that is certainly true.

I'm blessed because I have had the joy of feeling a life grow inside of me. I have felt the kicks, the hiccups, the flutters. I love that part. Ok, so the last few weeks are uncomfortable? The rest of it is...well, words cannot describe it. If you are a mom, you know.

It's more than just becoming a mom. It's becoming that irrefutable proof that God has created a MIRACLE inside of you. He's taken two people and created a new one. He's proven that He is Creator, Holy, Good, Sovereign, Generous...

I am blessed. I love this child. I love her for who she is and who she will be and who she never will be. I love the God who created her and gave her to me for a while to nurture and discipline and teach.

It's true that contractions hurt and that I'm tired. But in the big picture, I'm just so overwhelmed and thankful that God has entrusted me with one more.

God, You know I'm ready. You also know when little Maya is ready. I trust You that You'll allow her to come at the perfect time. I am so very grateful to be Your servant once again in this capacity. Don't ever let me forget that my children are gifts on loan from You for a short time. Help me to take the responsibilities that come with them seriously, and help me to teach them to be as much like You as they can be. God, I love You. I'm humbled by my blessings. I want to be the wife and mother that You want me to be. Guide me in that direction. I pray this in Your beautiful name, Amen.

Visit www.3dailygifts.blogspot.com for my reminders of God's great blessings each day.

No comments: