Monday, June 23, 2008

Gabriel

1. Why does Gabriel insist on wearing his underwear backwards? Could it be that he just wants to see the bigger picture?

2. Gabriel has worn the same size of clothes for two years, pretty much. Chad asked him a while back when he was going to start growing. He answered, "On Friday." Now it's a family joke.

3. He came out after his bath, underwear on backwards, pajamas in hand. Gabriel asked me to button his shirt. As I did, I told him he was going to have to learn to button his own shirt. His answer, as if it was related... "You need to make a bigger house 'cause I'm gonna grow."

4. He told me the other day that he needed to tell me a secret. He pulled my hair aside to expose my ear, got as close to it as he could, and in a very loud whisper, he said, "You're the best mommy ever in the whole wide world." Score a few brownie points for the three-year-old.

5. The other day I was talking to him explaining that he needed to practice being nice to his brothers because soon he would have a little sister and he would be a big brother. If he practiced being nice to them, it would be easier for him to be nice to the baby...etc. Evan started chiming in with his parent-like voice, but before he got 3 words out, Gabriel yelled, "Hey! It's MY baby sister. Me and Mommy's! 'Cause I picked her out!" We'll see if he is so excited about her in a few years.

No comments: