Friday, June 6, 2008

What does God teach in Heaven?

After a pretty decent storm tonight with winds at 85 mph, we went to town to get some ice cream. On the way home we saw this amazing rainbow. The coolest part about the rainbow was the further we drove the more we could see of it.

Evan began talking about the true meaning behind the rainbow...that it was God's promise never to destroy the earth again by flood.



The more we drove, the bigger it got. The bigger the rainbow seemed, Evan said louder and louder, "That is a HUGE promise!" I was proud of them recalling the true meaning, but I got tickled at the inflection in his voice.

It wasn't long before little Gabriel was imitating in his tiny 3-year-old voice, "That is a HUGE promise!" He repeated it over and over...the farther we drove. I really wish now I would have recorded it on my cell phone, but I didn't think of it until after he had stopped.

As we pulled in our driveway, Chad was talking about God making rainbows and painting a picture for us all to see just then. I was headed toward the door when I heard Evan say behind me, "I bet Jesus taught Pappaw Bob how to make rainbows." When I turned around with one foot in the door to the house and the other still outside, my eyes met Chad's. I think this was the single most sweetest thing I have ever heard in my entire life.

I can't imagine what all we'll know in heaven, but I think I'm gonna be sure to ask how to make a rainbow when I get there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW Michelle - thanks for the updates! It's always good to see pictures of the family!

Kendra said...

Goodness, Michelle, this one brought tears to my eyes. What sweethearts you have!

Shoemaker Family said...

Love, the update. I think all the time wondering what kind of neat things God has shown my Dad too...so so, thankful that your boys knew your DAd's love...