Friday, June 13, 2008

love and marriage....

I'm gonna get mushy...so if you don't wanna read it...then go on. :)

I'm married to a pretty great guy. We have our differences, our disagreements, our moments....our discussions...but all in all, I didn't do half bad.

It's no secret that I put my own father up on a pedestal - one he most certainly wouldn't think he deserved, and it's probably no secret that there is no perfect dad or husband. Despite all that, I'm pretty sure that I have just the dad I need for my growing boys (plus one).

Yesterday was fine, but last night was a different story. Dealing with Dad's birthday was okay when I was busy during the day, but the moment the busyness ceased and my mind had time to catch up, it wasn't long before I had one of the biggest cries I've had in a long time. I predict the same for Sunday (Father's Day) as well. But the minute Chad saw the flood gates open, he dropped what he was concerned about and came to listen. He didn't say anything. He didn't do anything. He just listened and tried to understand my blubbering. It was what I needed. Then when he saw my emotions were affecting Luke's, he swept in to Luke's rescue, too. "A little daddy time" (translation - fishing time on the boat) was exactly what Luke needed to get him back on track.

So, for yesterday, the Super Dad Award goes to:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i do not know you, but really enjoyed reading your blog as i was blog surfing. you have a beautiful family and i have to admit that i want to stick around to see if number 5 is gonna be a girl!!!! thanks for sharing!