Sunday, June 29, 2008

Today

My last post said I had MUCH MUCH more time to sleep than I actually did. I think I looked at the clock wrong. I ended up with a whopping 2 HOURS of sleep last night. Still got up and got to church early...and didn't sleep through the service!! Still went to the small group picnic at the park...came home and CRASHED before heading back to church for a rehearsal. It was a lot in a day, it seemed, but that was probably compounded by how tired I was.

Anyway, I had a good long talk with a good friend until Gabriel punched Drew in the face and bloodied his mouth and lips and I had to go. That's right. I said GABRIEL punched Drew. "He's so sweet" and "He's so quiet" you all say. I keep telling you he has his moments. They are coming more often now. *sigh*

Now all is quiet again. Silence is golden. There's a lot of reward in "being still." I think God knew what He was doing when He told us to do it.

Clarity is so much easier to attain when it's just you and God. Focusing on God - no distractions. No noise. No interruptions. No referree-ing.

I'm thankful for the moment. I'm glad I had time to reflect on the conversations of the day and sort them out in my head...to try to make sense of the hard things.

On a side note, my brother and his family should be home tomorrow night, I'm guessing!! I can't wait to get pictures with them and hold that beautiful baby girl. I can't believe she is almost a year old. I can't believe what else all that means...but I won't get in to that now. Another post. Beware of July's posts...just a warning. It's not a month I really ever want to live through again. Painful anniversaries.

But I digress. Good night for now. Have a great week!

1 comment:

Audrey said...

hi pumpkin!! just wanted you to know i was thinking about you today!! i hope you have a great time with your bro and his fam! :) love you!