Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Coincidence? I think not.

Tonight I had a difficult task. One that needed to be done but was going to make a few people (including me) very uncomfortable. Whenever you have to "air things out" it can never be a walk in the park. I prayed all day. I had people (close to me) praying all day. I had the meeting, and my prayers were answered:
That I would have a clear head.
Not become emotional (i.e. crying)
That I wouldn't be overbearing.
That I would speak truthfully and clearly.

Surprisingly enough, things weren't horrible. I always wonder why we pray for things and then get surprised when the prayers are answered...but I still do it sometimes. He DID answer me, though! I had a level head, I wasn't mean and angry. I didn't get emotional, even when they tried to play that card by bringing up my dad. I spoke clearly, truthfully....

And then it happened after I got home. I got online and went to facebook to check in. I have a daily Bible verse that shows up on my profile. Isn't God funny! He put my FAVORITE verse on there today!

And after all the anxiety of preparing myself mentally and spiritually for the meeting....here is my verse:

You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.
Isaiah 26:3

I trusted in Him to keep me strong, to keep me level....and HE DID because I WENT TO HIM and put it at HIS FEET. And I am peaceful about it.

You make me so glad that I know you, Jesus. You come through just when I need you. Thank You for showing me yet again that when we call on Your name for help, You are that strong and mighty tower that shields us from Satan's grip. Thank You for loving me enough to be with me every second of the day. I know You never left my side tonight. You ARE good. All the time. Amen.

No comments: